Orbit - Shared Ownership
Orbit was faced with the challenge of doubling the amount of sales needed to help achieve their 2020 target of 12,000 new homes in the next 2 years.
They wanted to streamline the sales process to ensure they were doing things that benefit customers and improve efficiency allowing them to cope with the growing demand on the whole Sales Team.
- Identified a £175,000 in potential savings by changing the way the sales team operates, changing workload responsibilities, working more closely with other teams and introducing new systems of work
- Proposed a new end-to-end sales management system
- Introduced Digital Home Demonstrations for all customers
- Agreed to implement a sales portal for our external stakeholders
- Electronic sign-up for our customers
Progress has been made with many ‘Quick Wins’ already implemented with measurable savings identified equating to around 1750 hours or £49,500.
What we did
DMAIC workshops were held with the Business Improvement team and involved staff members from all levels of the Shared Ownership Sales Team. They also invited one of their solicitors from Squire Patton Boggs and an IFA, Mark Singleton from Mortgage Advice Bureau.
An action plan was put together for the team to try and achieve all of their goals – they seconded someone from the team to implement them.
In their own words
"The lean review was a very positive experience for the shared ownership sales team. By identifying a number of quick wins, we have already seen the benefit of savings in both time and money. Going forward, It is great to have clear action plan of improvements required, which we can monitor and review."
Sarah Clark, Head of Sales & Marketing