Rochdale Boroughwide Housing
Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH) have a significant savings target for responsive repairs service including Empty Homes. Following on from a previous Lean Review facilitated by Service Matters, RBH undertook a further review of the management of the Empty Homes process. The challenge was to identify efficiency savings, contribute to a reduction in empty home turnaround times and improve engagement with other teams and services. RBH Transformation team took a more active role in this Lean review as part of their training and Service Matters coached them through this, helping to ensure achievement of desired outcomes.
- Improvements identified to reduce voids by up to 7 days
- A new way of working identified involving re-alignment of budgets to better delive efficiency services
- Increased contractor availability through improved procurement to reduce waiting times
- Bringing together of different teams to provide a joined up and streamlined service – removing waste and improving customer experience
- Identified solutions to improve the flow of information across the service to improve quality and reduce waiting times
What we did
Our team worked in partnership with RBH to carry out the Lean review of the Empty Homes service, with RBH Transformation team taking a more active role in facilitation and planning of the workshops. The process was engaging front line staff from all involved teams to gain support and respond to all opportunities for improvement.